Thursday, May 30, 2013

Blog Chain Post: Success--what is it?

Today's blog chain post was started by me! And I asked:




How do you define success? Is it getting published? Making the NY Times List? Or just finishing a novel?






I asked this question because one of my good friends became a life coach and, after talking about my career, she asked me this question and it really got me thinking.

My own answer is constantly shifting and changing. At first, I thought just getting a publishing contract would be enough. But it turns out that was only the sample taste in the start of my writing addiction. For me, I want to write forever. Just the other day I was listening to a college student talk about their major and I realized now that I've come this far, I could never settle for anything el
se than sitting at my computer all day and writing. And if I get to do just that for the rest of my life, well, that would be a success.

So now it's your turn. How would you define success?

To follow the rest of the chain check out the posts from both Alyson and Amparo

No comments:

Post a Comment